Friday, January 23, 2009

Thinking of making a big shift in priorities ...


I am thinking of (almost) giving up poker. I have a couple new ideas for where to take my professional life. I am very excited about them. However, I think poker is going to get in the way if I don' make major life change. The problem is that when I have a free 40 minutes (sometimes less), I often fire up some games. Combine the times where I play for longer, with all the 20-50 minute sessions, and that is a lot of time I play poker. It isn't wasted time, since I earn money, but I fear that if I don't make a big change, I will struggle to get anywhere with my new ideas.

My initial plan:

1. Finish getting 10K FPPs this month. I only have 2500 to go - that won't take too many hours.

2. Quit poker, except for Saturday afternoons. I have supernova until March 31st if get to 10K fpps this month. I get a freerole tourney on Saturdays that is a nice value.

3. After March 31st, only play one night a week - and focus on tourneys. I like tourneys much more, so I should play them more, right? I could have a couple cash game tables going, or some SNGs going, but I think the big thing is to only play one night a week.

It is a bit scary for me to commit to this, since it is a big change. However, I think I have to do this. I need that time to work on my new ideas.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Best of luck to you. I hope that the new venture is all you hope.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Madhu said...

The world series of poker is starting in june 2009 at Las vegas.
If you are looking at luxury accommodations at affordable prices, try the Palms Place.
Palms Place Guests Step into a world of visual stimulation and sophisticated luxury. From its spectacular Strip views and Hollywood-hip credentials, Palms Place provides guests with exclusive and sophisticated accommodations just steps away from the excitement and Splendor of fabulous Las Vegas Strip.
Palms Place offers exclusive and exquisite accommodations. Luxury Suites International offers value rates.
The one bedroom condos offer guests 1220 square feet of luxury contemporary accommodations with hardwood and marble flooring. The upscale amenities include a king bed with Italian bedding by Mateo and queen-size pull out sleeper sofa, twin 42” plasma TVs,9-foot ceilings, a state- of-the- art kitchen with stainless steel appliances, dining area, living room with fireplace, multiple balconies, one-and-a-half bathrooms with a dual vanity and a laundry closet with a washer and dryer. The Kitchen features a stove top, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, ice machine, kitchen utensils and appliances. The suites offer guests an intimate evening to relax and enjoy the view with a standalone Villeroy & Boch whirlpool bathtub in the master bedroom area.
The serenity of the bedroom suites continues throughout the hotel property. All Palms Place guests are granted access to the inner circle, which includes a comprehensive business center and 24-houe VIP concierge service, exclusive to guests at palm place. Guests also have convenient access to 24-houe valet and room service as well as 9 world-class restaurants,8 lavish night clubs and lounges and 2 acres of opulent swimming pools with a 12-foot waterfall. Featured attractions include the drift spa, Ghost Bar, Sunset Tan, Simon Restaurant, The Playboy club and Pearl Theater.
Located just off the heart of the Las Vegas strip, the palms place tower is located east of the palms hotel towers, conveniently connected by a modern glass-enclosed, elevated moving walkway. A quick ride can take you to the strip, the Las Vegas Convention center and McCarran Airport.
Reserve your suite at http://www.luxurysuitesintl.com or call 1-877-574-4685

 

Post a Comment

<< Home