Sunday, January 18, 2009

A bit of redemption

In my last post, I noted how I felt bad about making an error in the $10 buyin, $30K guarantee on Saturday, Jan 10th. Well, I entered again this week.

I did OK early, doubling up with good hands and chipping up nicely. I then hit a couple monster hands and once in the money, I found myself chip leader with about 500 left. When that happened, I was telling myself how I was going to play better and make this one count.

I did.

I used a lot of small (about 2.25x the bb) raises PF to steal pots - they worked about half the time. I also had a few hands and when I got played back at, won some nicer pots. I played pretty aggressive most of the time, and from the time I had the chip lead until the final table (which was going from over 500 to 9), I was only all in once, with AJ vs. KJ, to get to about 1.9 million chips when starting the final table. That was 3rd in chips, and the mean chip count was 1.75 million.

At the final table, I was in the sb with AK and about 2 million chips. The short stack was on the button and pushed for about 400K. I reraised and the bb called for about 1 million chips with JJ. The short stack had 97. The JJ held, and we were 7 handed, but I was now one of the shorter stacks.

I pushed A6s in teh hijack with just under 1 million chips and an M=4, but was called by AK to cripple me, and I was out a couple hands later. I ended up 7th, for just over a $1,000 cash. I have had bigger tourney cashes, but $1,000 is nice, and it is pretty cool to finish in the final 7 out of a 5,000+ player field. I just wish I would have won the coinflip with AK. Maybe next time. :)

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your style iѕ verу unique in compаrison to other folks I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just book marκ this blog.


My web sіte ephedrine Wiki
Also see my web page > Where Can I Buy Ephedrine Hcl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home