Monday, February 05, 2007

No More morning NL cash games

After playing a half hour and getting crushed, I am giving up NL cash in the morning. I think the competition (at least on Full Tilt) is too respectable, where I am only very modestly +EV during this time frame.

Looking back over the past several weeks - most of my losses come from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM. If I really feel the need to play during this time anymore, I will jump back into SNGs.

I have been only breakeven the past week. I suspect it is bad luck (one day I had aces and kings less than 1/2 the amount I would expect, the next day I was negative with them), but part of me wonders if the neteller issues are keeping fish out, but leaving in the good players.


Whether to play deeper stacks?

When I play $1 big blind NL, I love playing with deep stacks and I play really loose-aggro PF (more emphasis on the loose). That strategy has been extremely profitable for me. When I jump to 1/2, I am more fearful of that strategy, however. I guess I am not sure it will work. I have played a bit more straightforward at 1/2 NL, but part of me thinks a LAGGIER approach might also work there too.

I may test it out a bit more at 1/2 NL and see what happens. It is certainly very fun - I just want it to also be profitable.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger janeg said...

Nice cash Elmo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home