Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thoughts about my MTT game

There might be something really fundamentally flawed with my MTT game. I have not had good results this year. This year I have had 4 MTT wins, but all for relatively low buyins (except for the WSOP seat). Further, two of these tourneys had fewer than 50 entrants. It seems like I should be doing better. Last year I had 3 cashes over $3500 (one was far more than that), and a few more cashes for over $1000. All this as a part-time tourney player. This year has not been the same.

Perhaps this is just the variance of MTTs that a part-timer would see. Part of my sour feeling is the way things have gone for me in tourneys that are a) live, or b) big buyin online. I just have not performed well in these recently. I can’t figure out if I am doing anything wrong, but I am not making deep runs.

A few things that always make me think things are OK is that I do have a fair number of wins this year despite the fact that I don’t play MTTs too often (maybe 2-3 times a week I will play them, perhaps a total of 7-10/week on average). Also, I railed (and have provided modest suggestions) to two ITHers recently, one won a party tourney for several thousand, the other won much more. Those who hear my advice seem to think I still have some good thoughts.

I guess I am just frustrated now. I busted out of the stars million today when doing the ITH chop. Thursday I had an 0-fer in tourneys, as well. Because I have consistently thought my best game has been MTTs, I get a bit down when I think I might not be as good at them anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home