Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Trade-Off Coaching Sessions

As I have already mentioned, I am getting back into limit. Now I am playing SH limit instead of full ring, and I am really enjoying limit again. I play other games too (the SNGs, PLO, and MTTs) so I hope I don't burn out on limit again.

Last night I had a trade-off coaching session with an ITHer. I played for 45 minutes or so while he watched and we commented on hands, then he played for about the same amount of time while I watched and commented on hands. I thought it went really well. I think the single biggest benefit (and the reason I really want to do this again) is that it is smart to talk about the proper plays with someone else who is a winning player. It will reinforce the good habits and help to get rid of the bad habits. I also picked up two errors I made in play - neither cost me in the hands I was playing, but both things to do later. (One was an error in not betting a marginal hand on a 4-way flop, the other was not considering the bb when factoring whether to 3-bet my KJ with a button raise.)

Since the session I have gone on a tear, also, winning over 50 big bets in a few hundred hands. It is nice to now have the opportunity to watch and learn from two ITHers who are big proven winners at SH limit. I have never really had this before, so I am excited about my prospects at becoming a long term winner at SH limit holdem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home