Saturday, September 23, 2006

Long time, no post ...

I found myself taking a break from poker early last week (week of the 11th). Then, I as I was preparing to take a trip, I got quite sick. I did not take the trip and did not play much poker either from Thursday night-Tuesday. I finally felt a bit better Wednesday.

I played a bit recently. I had a small cash in a PLO tourney but screwed up when I thought I could get a guy off of his AAxx on a missed flop. More doable in cash games, but not in tourneys. I felt I played well and want to play more PLO tourneys - I have one first even in a paradise PL omaha tourney. Part of me wants first places in a limit holdem tourney, as well as an O8 tourney just to do it, lol.

I played a big limit tourney Friday but only made it about half way through. I never got AA-JJ, and got TT only to run into KK, so I am happy about my overall play given the cards.

The past couple days I have been playing PL omaha cash games and have been on a roll. Reads are just working right for me, making the right plays, and playing appropriately tight. I think I have a bit of luck on my side too, as I have had my hands hold up and I won one time when me and another player each went all in w top 2 pair (J7) but I had QJ87 and he had JTT7 and I hit an 8 on the river to win the entire pot. PL Omaha is such a fun game, because it is a game where the nuts are needed more often. But, because of that, there is some bluffing where you can represent a draw that hits. It can't be done too often, but it is deep with strategy. Like all games, the strategies that work are very opponent dependant. In the past I have found that I could crush the $0.50/$1.00 PLO games ($100 buy in) but not the $1/$2 blind games. I am itching to try the higher games again, however, after this recent success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home