Monday, September 11, 2006

Not much poker the past few days.

I am down in SH limit, though, over the past several days. I think I have a bigger leak than I thought, but I am not certain what it is. Perhaps it is just variance, but I am breaking from it for a few days. I am looking forward to more coaching - but that likely won't happen for a couple weeks given my schedule.

I am up in PL Omaha and Sit n Gos, which essentially makes me even for the past 4-5 days or so.

The nice part of the way I approached the game is there are many games I can play relatively well when I am not doing great in one type of game. The bad news is I am not a star in any area. For example, nside is an amazing limit player. His proficiency probably results from the fact that his skill set makes him more likely to successful in limit (that is according to him, although he is quite good in other games), but in large part because his main focus for most of the time he has been playing has been limit. Another example is Tall Paul - who has focused on tournaments with amazing results. Part of me wonders what my game would be like if I focused only on one game ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home