Thursday, March 08, 2007

A lousy 24 hours

Wow, did the variance tax hit me hard. I decided to play a bit of full buy-in $2/$4 NL.

2 big hands - once where I hit a set, we get all in on the turn, and someone hits their 12 outer on the river. Another, I flop a nut flush draw and gutshot straight draw and get all in on the flop vs. a set and don't hit.

Then today I played some $2/$4 NL for $100 buy ins, and lost QQ vs. AK (all in PF), KJ vs. AA (all in on the flop where J flopped - certainly this is not a bad beat, however), and QQ vs. TT (all in PF). After this, I then made a really bad call for a big pot.

Overall, it was one of the worst 24-hour periods I have ever experienced.

Oh well, I guess this is why I have large bankroll, so that stuff like this can happen without putting a serious dent in my bankroll. I was going to make a run for 3000 points on FTP this week (Thursday to Wednesday), but after this bad start I am not certain if I will or if I will take a short break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home