Friday, February 16, 2007

A good couple days

Since the big 2nd place finish on Thursday, I was basically brake-even Friday-Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday, however, I found my stride, pulling in a couple big days on the cash-game tables.

I started playing some heads up cash games on FT poker. Those are fun and profitable. There are several players who multi-table those. If you want practice against pretty decent players - they are not bad to play against. If you want profits - they are not ideal. Thankfully there are plenty of people who will play HU who have some glaring mistakes. The whole idea of how to play heads up is not really that hard. Figure out what your opponent does wrong (raise too much, fold too much, get involved in big pots with weak hands), and exploit that.

I am still dabbling with PL Omaha and still playing NL holdem 6-max tables. I vary my buyins there, sometimes going short stacked, but sometimes I just buy-in for the full amount. I mainly will buy in for the full amount when I see weak opponents (when I saw 2 players get all in pre-flop for 100 big blinds each with 99 and AJs, I instantly bought in for the full amount).

Life is crazy, but going to Vegas soon for a conference where I am presenting two papers. There will be a bit of poker time there as well, which should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home