Monday, March 26, 2007

Just getting crushed with work – poker on the back-burner. But, in 3 hours Sunday …

I am super-busy with work right now. A colleague at work had a baby and I am taking over her course for the last 7 weeks of the semester. I am also busy with a couple research projects and we are in the middle of advising which always takes a lot of time. So, I have had little time for poker.

I played Sunday night a week ago in 4 tourneys – crashed and burned in 3 tourneys, but in the 4th tourney I cashed in the $30 rebuy on tilt. Unfortunately, shortly after the money bubble burst, I ran JJ into AA (stacks are so thin there is no way to avoid going broke there).

I did well throughout the week at PLO, both 6-max and HU, although I gave a lot of it back in a bad hour yesterday (Sunday) morning. I still have a positive week, despite only playing a few hours (4 hours total, I think).

This week was crazy – Friday I was working until 8:30 PM, Saturday I worked from 6:45 AM to 5:30 PM, and Sunday I had work from 12:15-2:15. I got home Sunday, my wife was going to rest for a bit, and my kids wanted a bit of computer time. So I logged in on my laptop just in time for a Rd 2 tourney at bugsysclub and the 2:30 stars satellite to the $1050 buy in million. After a tough week, I felt like I earned a little poker-time. I started by doing well in the satellite, and built a stack. I picked up hands and they held, and I won a seat. If I have a minute, I will post a couple interesting hands. The most fascinating two (IMO) involved what to do with TT vs. the chipleader and 99 utg with only 2 players left.

It felt really great to win $1050 T$. Plus, I was still in the bugsys tourney, although just rolling around at slightly below average. After the 2nd break, I had 20K and the average was 30K with blinds of 1K/2K and 200 antes (M=4). I got into a showdown with 76s, 33, and Q4s on 3 consecutive hands but ended up with 40K after those 3. I stole some more, won some showdowns, and ended up with the chiplead with 12 left. I took my foot off of the accelerator as we hit the final table, just playing ABC poker. With 5 left, we were all about average, I turned up the heat. I got lucky to tie with 22 vs. 55 against a short stack. I would have still be in, but had 200K chips instead of 100K chips. The next hand, utg raised to 30K and I pushed with AK. He called and I held to pick up a big chip lead. From there I whittled and got all in when I was dominating players and got heads up with 700K in chips vs. 220K. I whittled him down to 100K in chips, then got all in with AT vs. A2 and won.

Great 3 hour stretch on Sunday. The funny thing is, these were the only two things I had up. Normally I have other tourneys up, but just these two open yesterday, and I went 2-2 for a $1500 afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home