Monday, August 14, 2006

What a Sunday!

Sunday was the first day I lost money at the tables for a week. Took a small loss early in the day but was feeling good about playing the Stars million. ITHer Jmega was also playing it. I did OK early building a few chips, but in the 2nd hour I got caught in a tricky situation where my QQ ran into AA and I was out. I feel like I am playing well in tourneys, but nothing goes my way at the right time.

Jmega commented that he had won no pots in the first hour as it was about to end, and then right as he said it he picked up KK and doubled through a guy who pushed TT. From there he built his chips up to 10K then hit quads and some other hands to get to about 25K or so near the end of the 2nd hour - beginning of the 3rd. He kept hitting hands, making occassional well-time plays at pots without hands, and accumulating chips. He got one lucky outdraw prior to the bubble, and he was in the top 10 as the bubble burst with 800 players left.

From there, he kept playing well and getting some cards. And soon he is under 100 players with a good stack and just kept making great decisions. He ended up getting a big stack near the bubble of the final table and made the final table with over 2 million chips - parlaying that into a 3rd place finish and over $70,000! I am so happy for him - this is money that can make a huge difference to someone's life. There are many people who work really hard who need to work 2 years to get earn $70K - kind of astounding to think about it.

So a big congrats to Jmega - well earned score my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home