Thursday, August 10, 2006

Things have been going well ....

I have not played much recently, but things have been going well. I am beating up the $50 buy in SNGs. I don't have enough of a sample in to know my ROI - I am guessing it is 10-15% or so now. I finally purchased SNGPT - hoping that refines my bubble play. It is decent now, but I think it will help in reviewing the marginal situations. $1/$2 in lost equity every other SNG adds up - as that is 1% or more increase in ROI that is possible.

I am doing well with PLO also. I am using lower buy ins and it is working out great. There are great +EV situations that arise with lower buyins that do not occur with higher buy ins. For example, this type of hand happened twice recently. I had something like 6789 single suited. A very nice hand in PLO. I would min raise and someone else would raise to $5 or so (this is $0.50/$1.00 blinds) and there would be 4 callers before it gets back to me. I would then push and so would the other raiser. We get heads up and they have AAxx. I am a 55/45 dog but am getting almost 2-1 on my money. This is a very +EV situation. (In the 2 hands I mentioned, I split. Lost $35 once, won a $95 pot the other time for a $60 win.)

I also won a seat into a EPT satellite on stars. I just played a $5 turbo rebuy tourney. It was pretty cool, as I spent 20 of my W$ and won 475 W$. I might enter a bigger WCOOP event (a $1000 NL), otherwise I will just hold them for satellites to next years WSOP.

My limit holdem game seems to be going well. I have one big leak (that I know about), but I am working on it. I simply am not giving enough credit to players when they raise or ch-raise the turn. Sometimes I pick off bluffs, but not enough to be profitable. I need to be much more selective of when to play past the turn when I face a turn raise or ch-raise. I am winning, but I think figuring out a way past this leak will be very helpful (profitable).

All in all, things are going well. (that sound you hear is me knocking on wood.)

E

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home