Saturday, February 09, 2008

Quite a good 16 hours.


Since getting home from work yesterday evening, I haven't played much - but what an incredible run.


I won multiple buyins at Full Tilt from HU NL cash and a little from 1/2 NLFR (short stacking). I was up at Full Tilt, then sat down with a guy who had $160 in front of him at a NL table. I searched his name and he was only playing the one table, so I sat down. The table with him was quite an adventure, and I will post details with the hands later, but it was a good run with him. (It is too good a story to ruin here - it will get it's own post :) )


This morning I played 3 satellites on stars - all for EPT event qualifiers (worth 800 W$ or 650 W$).


After starting off rough on the first $20R for 800 W$, I ended the rebuy period at 2000 chips, but spent 3 buyins (which would give me an EV of 3000 chips). I added on, and was in for 80. From there, however, things took off - and I ended up winning one of the two 800 W$ seats.


I was still in another sat for a 650 W$ satellite (busted in one). This one was a roller coaster. My stack yo-yo'd largely because I got called more often than expected. Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost. I made it down to the bubble as second shortie. 4 people get 650 W$ seats and there are 5 left. I am 2nd shortie but shortest stack is in the big blind.

The following is a crazy hand, IMO. I get AKs utg. What should I do? I could argue a fold, since shortie only has 3 big blinds left. Further, two players behind me are a bit reckless and aggro and I think they would put shortie all in 80% of the time.

I decided to push, as should shortie survive, I am next on the chopping block, and will have to take the big blind. Further, AKs is very rarely dominated, so at worst I should have a 47% chance of winning if called. Well, here is the hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)



Hero (t20800)

MP (t35741)

Button (t39500)

SB (t45313)

BB (t9146)



Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ad, Kd.

UTGA raises to t20500, MP calls t20500, 3 folds.



Flop: (t42200) 8s, 3c, Jc (2 players)



Turn: (t42200) 8d (2 players)



River: (t42200) As (2 players)



Final Pot: t42200



Results in white below:

Hero has Ad Kd (two pair, aces and eights).

MP has 9s 9c (two pair, nines and eights).

Outcome: Hero wins t42200.



It came down to a river card. I was surprised that a big stack would risk so much of his stack with 99 there when I was short and so was big blind. But, these kinds of errors are part of why these sats are so profitable. Unfortunately, it almost cost me here, but thankfully I made it through the hand.

After this hand, shortie lasted about one more orbit, but busted. I actually put the "99 villain" all in during his big blind with 88, but he called with A4o and hit his ace. I won 650 W$ in this sat, for a very profitable morning. Recall I won 800 W$ last month - since then, I spent about 400 W$ in sats, and have won two more, which brings me to over 1800 in W$. I am now in super shape to keep playing these turbo-rebuy sats, while also having enough join in some WSOP satellites when they start up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home