Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 Poker Goals

I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and New Years Day. Watching some football, I figured I would jot out some of my goals for 2008.

1. Continue to make some side-money for my family. I would love to make enough to finish our basement and fully-fund my roth IRA and my wife's roth and conventional IRA. (I know - saving for retirement - pretty exciting thing to do with poker winnings.)

2. Play a few more tourneys. Related to this, I would love to play a major live tourney or two, but I am not sure when/where I will get the opportunity. I am sure I will play a few WSOP ME satellites, and if I make it I will just figure out how to work out the timing.

3. Work my way up to 5/10 NL holdem.

I will do this short-stacked, at least initially. I am already playing 2/4 and 3/6 short-stacked in 6-max and full ring games and enjoying good results. I hope to keep this up and keep moving up limits as long as my profits keep going up.

4. Begin Poker-Coaching.

I hope to have a post about this posted soon - but soon I will be offering poker coaching. I have done some already, and I have found it rewarding on a number of levels. First, I enjoy teaching (it is what I do for my career). I have enjoyed teaching the players I have coached as they have enjoyed success. Second, having to articulate ideas for someone else can helps me better understand various concepts. Research has shown that people learn best by doing or instructing others - and I think poker is no different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home