Saturday, February 02, 2008

Always cool to quadruple up in NL cash

I had a good day at cash games yesterday, although most of my winnings came from one hand. It think I was up $600 or so for the day in cash games - and this hand helped ...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

SB ($365.35)
BB ($176.20)
Hero ($117)
UTG+1 ($233)
MP1 ($422.50)
MP2 ($411.20)
MP3 ($407)
CO ($394)
Button ($853.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, Ah.
UTGA raises to $14, 4 folds, CO raises to $44, Button calls $44, SB calls $42, 1 fold, UTGA raises to $131 (All-In), CO calls $73, Button calls $73, SB calls $73.

Flop: ($472) 8c, 2s, Jc (4 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($472) Ad (4 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($472) 8h (4 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $486

Results in white below:
SB has Jh Jd (full house, jacks full of eights).
Hero has Ac Ah (full house, aces full of eights).
CO doesn't show.
Button doesn't show.
Outcome:





I also played 9 tourneys last night ($30 on bodog, $25 on FT poker and stars at 8:00, $20 rebuy on FT, $3 turbo rebuy on tilt, and several sats). I won a sunday million seat on stars and cashed in the $20 rebuy. I was doing very well, but my A7 lost to A6, then I ran AJ into an uber-aggro guys AQ and AK within 2 orbits and was out. I finished 17th - but was happy how I played. I feel like I am getting my tourney-groove back. Overall, I finished about even in the cash tourneys and won a bit because of the satellite win. Naturally, however, the big money comes from getting a top 3 finish. I think I am playing well so if I keep putting myself in the top 30 of tourneys the big score will happen soon.

I also feel like I am completely in synch with satellites right now. I have played so many turbo rebuy sats that I really know when to sit back, when to push trash, when to stall, etc. I think I might have a 50% + ROI on those stars turbo sats. In fact, in the past three weeks, playing a limited number of satellites, I have won 3 Sunday million seats (one was a $530, too), an 800 W$ seat, two 530 UB T$ seats and one 215 T$ seat through UB. I also am good at the non-turbo sats, but of course those take much longer. I am running a bit hot to win this much, naturally.

A reminder - I am now offering lessons - right now my best games are probably NL cash and satellites. http://pokerelmo.blogspot.com/2008/01/pokerelmo-offering-private-poker.html

I will probably play some this weekend - but nothing Sunday evening as I will be watching the super bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home