Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jekyll and Hyde Weekend

The Jekyll was my performance in tourneys and satellites – the Hyde was cash games.

I finished down 2.5 buyins – most from 2 hands this afternoon. The first when I got all in with a set versus a flush draw and gutshot and he hit the gutshot, the 2nd when against the same guy I got all in with a pair and nut flush draw vs. his straight. Just bad luck to not win one of those. I had one or two questionable plays yesterday but also some bad luck to keep me even for yesterday at cash games. I also lost about 5 buyins at HU SNGs, once again it just seemed like nothing was breaking my way. Before this weekend, I had been in a mini-downswing on cash games – probably down 3.5 buyins prior to this weekend – making it a 6 buyin downswing over the course of the week or so. Nothing too out-of-the-ordinary. But, I had been running so well that it seems odd to be having a rough week.

As bad as this weekend has been for cash games and HU SNGs – it was good for tourneys and satellites. Saturday morning I played a few satellites, one of them being the $20 turbo/rebuy for an 800 EPT seat on stars. I won that and cash out the 800 W$. This will give me a good start at making my run for the WSOP. Today (Sunday) I won a seat to the Sunday million (which I cashed for T$) and also a $530 seat to the UPC on UB – which I cashed for T$. So overall, counting T$ and W$, it has been a profitable weekend. I made a run in the pokerstars 50K freerole for supernova players (cashing an entry I won over the weekend). I finished 27th. I was disappointed in my bustout, as I was slightly above average, and had a blind-steals gone bad with 64s and T9 (vs. AK and QQ short-stacks), and busted when my K7 lost to AJ after spiking a K but having him hit a river-ace. I won $175 there, but would have loved to have made a run at the final table where top price was 9.4K. I think I played those last hands right, however, and I am definitely glad I played aggressive trying to accumulate chips when I thought I was making +EV plays.

With classes starting again last week – my time to play decreases. I don’t teach Tuesdays and Thursdays, however, so I hope to play some tourneys – mainly on Wednesdays, Fridays and over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home