Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Review of 2007 goals and how I fared


1. Continue to provide a nice supplemental income for my family.
I was successful in this goal. The only bad part is now occuring - taxes.

2. Continue with NL cash games.
I was successful in this game. I have dramatically improved my NL cash game play throughout the year. This is my bread-and-butter game, and I am in the process of moving up to 2/4 and 3/6 NL games when shortstacking. I have even played some 5/10 NL games.

3. Play more "higher buy in" tourneys.

I failed here - A string of surgeries for my family and my son starting school contributed to me playing tourneys less than once-a-month since June.

4. Win a WSOP seat or two again, but make a deep run.

I barely tried. I did almost win a seat when I finished 4th in a WSOP $33 rebuy when my AA lost an all-in 3 way pot with 4 left. If I win that I have 60+% of chips in play - but those are the breaks.

What did I accomplish that was not a listed-goal?

Emotional control. Maybe reading the poker mindset helped. Maybe the article by Angel Largay helped where he discussed being afraid of being a losing player during a downswing. Whatever it is, I have been much better about handling the emotions that come when losses of $500-$1000 are common.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home