Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Swamped at Work - but Iowa donks killed me

I have not played much recently, with two weeks left in the semester, things are pretty swamped.

However, I took a trip to Iowa for work last week, both to present a paper and conduct some research. I was also able to go to Prairie Meadows to play some poker. Wow, the donks had a wonderful time with me there. I got aces three times, once only getting the blinds, and the other two times I played against guys who flopped sets. I got a King high flush and the table idiot had an ace high flush. I made one mistake, getting too aggressive with A7 diamonds on an A35 flop to a guy who limped 24 and flopped a straight.

Given these 4 hands, I am thrilled that I only lost a little more than one buyin. Overall, not bad given those 4 hands.


Reading Rolf's PLO book.

I have been reading Rolf's PLO book. Initial thoughts are that it is a good book, although mainly designed as a short-stack strategy. I am reviewing this later for ITH, so I won't say much about this now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home