Saturday, December 29, 2007

Update

Things are still going well. I have played all my cash games this month at Cake Poker - and have liked it. I have actually spllit time between 1/2 NL, 2/4 NL, 3/6 NL, and 5/10 NL. When I play anything other than 1/2 NL, however, I am only buying in for about 1/3 of a buyin. I think this is helping me adjust to the stakes without risking more money. Further, as Ed Miller and others have pointed out in their publications, playing a short stack is more "dummy-poker". When adjusting to new stakes, having easy decisions is a good thing. I plan to keep up with this strategy for a while, especially at Cake Poker, where I see virtually no difference in skill level between 1/2 NL and higher.

I am playing some Heads up still - but it is probably only consisting of 10% of my hands.

On a non-poker note, I have been on crutches since the Monday before Thanksgiving after having knee surgery (I had microfracture to rebuild cartilage). I am still on crutches for another few weeks, but feel fortunate that my job gives such a big break between semesters and that I have been forced to sit around and play more poker during the past month. :)

On a less-pleasant note - I now am going to get some forms ready for taxes while I watch the end of the Patriots-Giants game. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home